Policies & Rules
If you need help understanding classification or pay policy and rules, contact OA-Human Resources’ Bureau of Classification & Compensation at 717.787.8838.
- 260.1 Organization Requests: outlines policy and procedures for agencies to follow when submitting organization requests to the Office of Administration.
- 505.2 Salaried Complement Management System: delegates authority for managing salaried complements within predetermined budgetary limits to agency heads. It also provides procedures for salaried complement control.
- 505.7 Personnel Rules: establishes policy, procedures and responsibilities for a number of human resources programs, including compensation.
- 505.20 Wage Complement Management and Control: establishes policy, responsibilities, and procedures for wage complement and control.
- 520.3 Unclassified Codes and Titles: clarifies the use of and processing procedures for unclassified codes for all agencies under the Governor's jurisdiction.
- 520.4 Position Classification Post-Audits: establishes procedures for monitoring agency use of decentralized classification authority.
- 520.5 Centralized Job Control System: establishes the process for the creation, transfer, or reclassification of jobs in the commonwealth's classification and pay plan for which agencies have not been granted classification authority by OA.
- 520.6 Processing of Reclassification Actions: establishes policy and procedures for the processing of agency and employee initiated position reclassification requests.
- 520.7 Development and Validation of Job Standards: establishes policy and procedures for uniformly collecting and documenting information about commonwealth work assignments which is needed by the Office of Administration to develop job standards, and which will be used by agencies and the State Civil Service Commission to develop recruitment and selection systems.
- 520.8 Pay Action Effective Dates for Changes to Position Classifications and the Classification Plan: establishes policy, procedures and responsibilities for implementing personnel actions involving changes to a position classification or the classification plan.
- 520.9 Appointments Above the Minimum: establishes policy, procedures and responsibilities for appointments above the minimum. Agency heads are authorized to appoint management, confidential, and other non-represented employees at a salary of up to 10 percent above documented earnings within the appropriate pay scale group under certain conditions.
- 520.10 Position Descriptions: establishes policy, responsibilities, and procedures for developing, maintaining, and utilizing position descriptions.
- 525.4 Temporary Assignment in Higher Classification: establishes policy and responsibilities for controlling the use of temporary assignments in higher classifications and for processing payments to compensate employees who receive such assignments.
- 525.6 Advances on Salaries or Wages Earned: establishes policy, procedures and responsibilities for payment of advances for salaries or wages earned or for lost or stolen checks.
- 525.11 Dual Employment: establishes policy, procedures and responsibilities for authorizing payment for dual employment. Dual employment is when an employee has two or more positions with the commonwealth.
- 525.15 Overtime: establishes policy and procedures for compensating exempt management employees for overtime work.
- 525.17 Internal Revenue Service Levies on Wages, Salary, and Other Income or Payments: establishes policy, procedures and responsibilities for processing Internal Revenue Service (IRS) liens.